Saturday, March 26, 2011

Grinds my Gears

This may not grate your nerves like it does to me. But I just have to let it out. Those darn CAPTCHA things. Every time I see one, I just want to punch something innocent. I know a little extreme. There are only a few things I hate with a burning passion. CAPTCHA is trying really hard.

The only thing that could possible make it a little less annoying is that it is a acronym*. And one thing that I love with a burning passion is acronyms. I guess you can see why this is a problem. Sometimes life is so complicated.

The only reason why they bother me so much is because they are there to tell the difference between humans and bots, but humans can't even read what they are!



They look kinda like this one. It clearly starts off with an 'a', and they only do that to lure you into a false sense of security and accomplishment. Then it goes straight into letters that are not from any alphabet I have encountered. Some of these 'letters' look like hieroglyphics, for Pete's sake!

It seems to me that the only thing that could possibly have the ability to read CAPTCHA's is a bot...

I just felt the need to get that off my chest. (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*CAPTCHA stands for Completely Automated Public Turing-test to tell Computers and Humans Apart... Which is a stupid one, if you ask me...

Disclaimer: I'm not against them, I just can't read them.

MORAL: Learn how to read weird CAPTCHA letters, it saves you a whole lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment